MammaCare Specialist Quick Facts:
This course is for: Women’s healthcare providers (physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and radiologic technologists)
On-Site Training Duration: 3 days
Certifies a graduate to:
- Train and certify other healthcare professionals
- Perform MammaCare clinical breast exams (MCBE)
- Teach women MammaCare breast self-examination (MBSE)
Included Training Material:
- Professional Learning System (MLS-1)
- Personal Learning System (MLS-2)
- Skill Maintenance Breast Model
- BSE/CBE Poster
- 2 Standard Lump Displays
- Palpation Pad
- First trainee: $3,550
- Second trainee from the same facility: $2,550
Course is offered in:
- Chicago area
- Gainesville, Florida – all training slots booked
* Certification is valid for 3 years
* Continuing education contact hours are available
* Ask about on-site training options
The Certified MammaCare Specialist Course is the core of MammaCare professional training. The Specialist Course is a three-day program conducted with one trainer and one or two trainees.
The program is offered to women’s healthcare providers worldwide, at training centers in the United States and Germany.
Graduates are certified to perform MammaCare clinical breast examination (MCBE). They also are certified to teach MCBE to other professionals and MammaCare breast self-examination (MBSE) to women.
Trainees begin the program online and acquire baseline palpation skills in preparation for their arrival at the training site. The skill-based program contains a series of didactic and practical examination sessions. Trainees learn standardized breast examination skills, first on tactually accurate MammaCare breast models and then on surrogate patients. Trainees also learn to measure and document breast examination proficiency.
MammaCare Specialists can certify other healthcare professionals as MammaCare Clinical Breast Examiners. There is an additional fee for certification of Clinical Breast Examiners.
Continuing education contact hours are available. Certification is valid for three years.
Request further information by submitting the form below.